Services 2011-2012 Operation Minerva Archive
2012 Operation *Minerva
- "Thanks for the great experience. I really enjoyed the activities that we were involved in at MHHS. Especially the CSI session. Thank you for the time and effort that you put in to make the afternoon great! :)" - Taylyn 2012 Operation Minerva Participant.
- "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Mackenzie had a wonderful experience at Operation Minerva. How fortunate for her to be involved in such a great program. I truly believe that it opened her eyes to other options in the world (the day also affirmed that she really wants to be a pilot . . . ... she asked me if we could look into signing her up to get her aviation learners license (good grief) . . . $$$yikes!!) She isn't one to share the 'going ons' of the day, but she certainly shared a lot about the Operation Minerva day with our family last night. Thanks again!" - Tara Salmon, parent of an Operation Minerva 2012 participant.
- "On behalf of our school I want to send a huge thank you to Praxis and all the people involved with Operation Minerva. All the girls that I have talked to had nothing but huge praise on the way everything was run. For girls to come back that excited and want to share with me the experience they had speaks volumes about your program. We look forward to returning again next year." - Robert Grisonich, Principal of Notre Dame Academy, one of Operation Minerva 2012 participating schools.
This year's event took place on January 30, 2012.
To become involved with future Operation Minerva please us the above menu link to contact us.
2012-01-31 Message from Praxis Regional Executive Director, Lorne Cooper: Huge thank you to the young ladies who participated in our very successful Operation Minerva, to our mentor volunteers, our presenter volunteers, the teachers and staff of MHHS who assisted us, the businesses and organizations who supported us and especially the volunteers from the Science and Math Departments of MHHS and Linda Cooper, Co-ordinator of Operation Minerva.
Thank you to our growing list of Friends of 2012 Operation Minerva
|The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Conference for Grade Nine Girls will be a huge success thanks to the following:|
Supporting Businesses & Organizations
Job Shadow Work Sites
|A special THANK YOU to everyone who is working to make Operation Minerva a rewarding experience for Grade 9 girls in South East Alberta.
Operation Minerva 2012 Monday, January 30, 2012 ten pictures have been placed on our Twitter feed. follow us on Twitter at @PraxisMedHat and check out our pictures on twitpic.com. If you participated in Operation Minerva and have pictures that you'd be willing to share, please email them to us.
2012 Operation Minerva in the News:
Summary of Operation Minerva 2012 Forms:
- Operation Minerva Letter to Grade 9 Girl's Participant Application Form
- Operation Minerva Letter to Principals-Teachers Invitation, Participant Application and FOIP Form
- Request to be a Mentor Letter
- Mentor/Presentor Volunteer Application
- Operation Minerva Criminal Record Check Scientist & Engineer in the Classroom Volunteer Letter
- What to Ask Your Mentor?
- Business Donation Request Letter
- Operation Minerva Itinerary 2012
- Operation Minerva Confidentiality Agreement
- Operation Minerva Student Feedback
- Operation Minerva Participant Job Site Information Template
- Participant Workshop Preference Selection (pdf)
- Participant Workshop Preference Selection (docx)