Air & Aerodynamics
*Curricular Grade Level and Topic
- Grade 6 - Unit A Air & Aerodynamics
- Grade 6 - Unit B Flight
Classroom Speaker or Field Trip
Don`t forget to ask us to locate a classroom speaker such as a pilot or flight expert or help you arrange a field trip such as an airport visit. Just include this additional request in the note section of the online reservation form when you are booking your kit.
Air & Aerodynamics Learning Kit Contents
- Air, Aerodynamics & Flight (binder includes digital dozen newsletter and heliostraw activity)
- Thrill of Flight (binder)
- The Sky’s the Limit (duo tangs parts 1 & 2)
- wooden propeller
- 2 small paratroopers
- 9 large paratroopers
- 3 Twirling Wings (large brown envelope contains 3 neon coloured Praxis heliowings and supplies to make your own)
- 3 Flying Gliders
- 10 Wind bags
- Sonic Plane with launcher
- 2 Kites
- 18 Rocket balloons
- Air Pump (blue)
- 10 styrofoam trays/plates
Paper Planes Kit (cardboard box):
- Paper Planes (book)
- 2 models
- laminated paper airplane instruction sheets
- 8 Roomarangs
- Instruction sheet
- The Best Paper Airplanes You’ll Ever Fly (laminated guide)
Air & Aerodynamics *Links
(Also see http://www.praxismh.ca/Links.html#Science-Meteorology for clickable links.)
- How do boomerangs work? Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3UL5HURzTVU
- Air Surfing Roam Walkalong Gliders http://sciencetoymaker.org/airSurfKit/index.htm: Instructions, pictures and videos of Walkalong styrofoam gliders.
- Aviation For Kids http://www.aviation-for-kids.com/ is not as much about Aviation as is about Education. It is not as much about Science and Technology as it is about Parenting. Initially, this site intention was to be an example of how can you motivate children to learn science through aviation technology. In time, it became a guide in using project based and interdisciplinary learning in your children education.
- Aviation For Kids: Flight Simulators http://www.aviation-for-kids.com/flight-simulators.html A collection of flight simulators.
- This is a design for an open ended wind tunnel.
This means the fan pushes air into the tunnel instead of pulling it out the
*Please help us keep these links useful by reporting dead or inappropriate links.